COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Our club is committed to the safety of our members and adheres to the COVID-19 guidelines and policies generated by federal, provincial and municipal health authorities, the Ontario Speed Skating Association, and our regional facilities. Find our complete COVID-19 Policy here, and our COVID-19 Illness Policy here.
NOTE: Per OSSA’s Double Vaccination Policy, as of Nov 30, 2021, all KWSSSC members born prior to 2009 must be fully vaccinated to participate in both on- and off-ice practices, unless granted medical exemption. The City of Waterloo also has double vaccination requirements for spectators over 12 entering RIM Park.
Prior to participating in our sessions, skaters and their parties will be required to fill out an online health screening form. Click the link to access.
- Per RIM Policy, Spectators are required to be masked inside the rink; the stands will be available in the arena for spectators.
- Per RIM Policy, there is no re-entry to the building upon departure.
- Skaters must remain masked and physically distanced unless actively training. Participation in skating drills that require close proximity is optional.
- Coaches will remain masked at all times.
- There will be no sharing of equipment.
- Track blocks will be sanitized after each hour they are used, and each hour will have a separate set of track blocks.
- Two change rooms will be available 15 minutes prior to each practice and 15 minutes following each practice
- Individuals are expected to follow personal hygiene protocols as recommended by health authorities.
updated as of Nov 3, 2021