COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Our club is committed to the safety of our members and adheres to the COVID-19 guidelines and policies generated by federal, provincial and municipal health authorities, the Ontario Speed Skating Association, and our regional facilities. Find our complete COVID-19 Policy here, and our COVID-19 Illness Policy here.
NOTE: in accordance with provincial law, vaccine passports will be required to enter RIM Park facility.
Prior to participating in our sessions, skaters and their parties will be required to fill out an online health screening form. Click the link to access.
- Spectators are required to be distanced and masked inside the rink; the stands will be available in the arena for spectators.
- There is no re-entry to the building upon departure.
- Skaters must remain masked and physically distanced unless actively skating. Participation in skating drills that require close proximity are optional.
- Coaches will remain masked at all times.
- There will be no sharing of equipment.
- Track blocks will be sanitized after each hour they are used, and each hour will have a separate set of track blocks.
- Water buckets will be handled by one designated person on-ice and one designated person off-ice, and will be sanitized after each hour used.
- Two change rooms will be available 15 minutes prior to each practice and 15 minutes following each practice
- Individuals are expected to follow personal hygiene protocols as recommended by health authorities.
updated as of Sept 7, 2021